In May, two Legendary Pokémon from Kalos, Xerneas and Yveltal, will make their Pokémon GO debut as part of the Season of Legends. In addition, some Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon found in the Kalos region will make their debut.
Swablu, the Cotton Bird Pokémon will get its very own Community Day on May 15, which will also bring Mega Altaria to the game for the first time ever.
Continue reading to learn about all of the events and updates coming to Pokémon GO in May.
Xerneas, the Life Pokémon, will make its Pokémon GO debut alongside some Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon found in the Kalos region during the Luminous Legends X event.
Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy evolutionary lines will be available for Trainers to catch for the first time in Pokémon GO.
To evolve Sliggoo into Goodra (second and final evolutions of Goomy), a new item will be coming to Pokémon GO—the Rainy Lure Module.
Much like other evolutions that require Trainers to be near a special Lure Module, you will be able to evolve the Soft Tissue Pokémon into its final form by being near a PokéStop with active Rainy Lure Module. You can also evolve Sliggoo when the in-game weather is rainy.
The Rainy Lure Module will attract certain Pokémon that like rain, such as Water-, Bug-, and Electric-type Pokémon.
The Luminous Legends X event will run from Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, May 17, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. local time.
Spritzee and Swirlix will appear more often in the wild throughout the event, along with other Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon such as Dratini, Ralts, Bagon, Cottonee, and others. It appears that Goomy won’t be as frequent in the wild and will require some luck to come across this new addition to the game.
The event-exclusive Timed Research will bring Fairy-type Pokémon encounters, including Spritzee and Swirlix, as well a Rainy Lure Module and other rewards.
7 km Eggs acquired during the event will hatch the following Pokémon: Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azurill, Gible, Swirlix, and Spritzee. Raids will include Psychic-, Dragon-, and Fairy-type Pokémon such as Galarian Ponyta, Alolan Exeggutor, Xerneas, and others.
Psychic-, Dragon-, and Fairy-type Pokémon, such as Galarian Ponyta, Gible, Spritzee, and Swirlix, will be available via event-exclusive Field Research tasks. Event-exclusive AR Mapping tasks will lead to encounters with Galarian Ponyta!
During the event, Dragonite and Salamence will be able to learn previous Community Day moves. Evolve a Dragonair or use a Charged TM on a Dragonite to teach it Draco Meteor, and evolve a Shelgon or use a Charged TM on a Salamence to teach it Outrage.
Furthermore, you can collaborate with other Trainers to capture Fairy-type Pokémon, which will allow you to unlock prizes during the event's second half!
From Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. UTC to Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 11:59pm UTC, Trainers worldwide can work together to catch 500 million Fairy-type Pokémon in total. If the goal is met, special bonuses will be available from Tuesday, May 11, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, May 17, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
The special bonuses will include a 3× Catch XP bonus for the rest of the event; Pancham will make its Pokémon GO debut, appearing in raids for the rest of the event and a Shiny Galarian Ponyta will come to the game and will continue to be available after the event concludes.
The Luminous Legends Y event will run from Tuesday, May 18, 2021, to Monday, May 31, 2021, during which the Legendary Pokémon Yveltal will be making its Pokémon GO debut. More details will be revealed about the event at a later date.
May Community Day will be held on Saturday, May 15, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, featuring Swablu, the Cotton Bird Pokémon.
As usual, more Swablu will be appearing in the wild and the Shiny rates will be significantly increased.
The attack Moonblast will be available for Altaria evolved during the event or up to two hours afterward.
A special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Super Incubators, five Incense, and an Elite Fast TM.
For US$1 (or the equivalent in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Swablu Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Cotton-Winged Bird.
Mega Altaria will make its Pokémon GO debut in Mega Raids on Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. local time, after the end of May Community Day. This will be a great opportunity to colelct Mega Altaria Energy and Mega-Evolve any Altaria you've caught during the event.
Incense activated during the event will last for three hours and Eggs placed in an Incubator during the event period will have 1/4 Hatch Distance.
In the month of May, Giovanni will have Shadow Moltres in his grasp. To earn a Super Rocket Radar and track down Giovanni, you can complete the latest Team GO Rocket Special Research, The Higher They Fly..., if you have already completed the Research, you can also receive a Super Rocket Radar from Timed Research that’ll be available during the Luminous Legends X event.
The following Legendary Pokémon will be appearing in five-star raids throughout May.
· Incarnate Forme Tornadus, Incarnate Forme Thundurus, and Incarnate Forme Landorus will continue to appear in five-star raids until Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time. Make sure to catch the Forces of Nature if you still haven’t.
· From Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, May 18, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time, Xerneas, the Life Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut.
· From Tuesday, May 18, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, June 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time, Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut.
In addition, the following Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in Mega Raids.
· Mega Venusaur, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Abomasnow will continue to appear in Mega Raids until Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
· From Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. local time, Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard Y, and Mega Lopunny will appear in Mega Raids.
· From Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. to Tuesday, June 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time, Mega Ampharos and Mega Houndoom will be appearing in Mega Raids. Additionally, as a part of the May Community Day, Mega Ampharos will make its Pokémon GO debut.
Every Wednesday in May, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time, a Raid Hour event including the Pokémon appearing in five-star raids that week will take place. As a reminder, completing five-star raids can earn you extra XP during the Season of Legends.
From Saturday, May 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, June 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), you’ll encounter Galarian Ponyta in Research Breakthrough encounters.
In the month of May, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time, and each of these hours will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
· Tuesday, May 4, 2021: Cottonee will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
· Tuesday, May 11, 2021: Dratini will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
· Tuesday, May 18, 2021: Alolan Rattata will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
· Tuesday, May 25, 2021: Marill will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
May is packed with exciting events and new
Pokémon, so make sure to take advantage of all the bonuses, catch and evolve
new Pokémon and enjoy the game.
The Pokémon GO Fest has been an integral part of the game since 2017, when the first-ever GO Fest ...
1 year ago | Views: 1283 | Reading Time: 6 MinutesRead more